Sunday, September 14, 2008

First night home

To say our first night home was sleepless is putting it mildly. Apparently big Gabe is used to sleeping with lights on and lots of noise because when it got quiet at our house, there was NO rest. As most moms with new babies do, I had been keeping a log of when he ate (as well as when I am to take my meds). It is as follows:

9:45 pm
11:30 pm
1:15 am
2:45 am
4:00 am
5:00 am
6:00 am
8:30 am

You may be thinking that in between there it is possible that there was sleep. Oh no, the time lapse accounts for eating, changing, hiccups, snorting and rooting. He didn't cry, he was just awake. We are hoping tonight will be different as Jonathan is going to work tomorrow and I am on my own. So, maybe I should have said I am hoping tonight will be different.... Gabe is keeping me company as I type but looks as if he might drift off!

3 comments:

Owings Family said...

Oh, I remember the days!!! I was so worried that Eli would never sleep during the night, and was so frustrated when he slept during the day! Thank goodness he finally figured it out (unfortunantly I think it took him a few weeks!). Good luck!

Joni said...

Isn't it crazy how they wait until they get home from the hospital to refuse sleep. I hope tonight is better.

hornefamily said...

Gabe-your mother's sleep is VERY important. I know it will get better. Glad you all are home. Hope you all had a good first day home.